The Juice that said it all...





Gulping down the last available sip, it was hard to make myself believe that it took me so many years to have a perfect juice and at a place which was purely accidental if not incidental. It just about tasted as a perfect balance of fruits, dry fruits and sugar if any. It was not surely the traditional fruit punk we have at the best of places.

It was a sudden move of heart to watch a movie named 'Filmistaan' at Regal. As I have a knack of reaching early at places which don't weigh you by your punctuality instincts, I reached early yet again. I would seldom reach on time on places of judgement though. We decided to strut around in search of some good pre movie snack, as am not all pro-Regal when it comes to eating as it just about deposits enough oil in your tummy to deposit a reservoir. Opposite McDonalds there is juice Centre named Canteena, I have passed this place umpteen times but never could gather enough will to order a juice.

One of my friends decided to order the most fancy thing on the menu. I am always too cynical with juices that have out of space names as my experiences at some local joints had been preposterous . Some juice vendors keep names from outer space only for the juice to turn out as a cough syrup. He decided to order this juice named Fruit Burst. I was expecting few chunks of fruits with lot of sugar syrup. The owner took his own time making the juice as if trying to make the perfect one. When my friend had it, the expression was too good to be true. I though this was a smile of pain and decided to taste the juice to know how bad could it be. But to my bewildering amazement, it tasted so well almost feeling like an elixir to the distressed life. It was the most perfect juice or drink that I had had in recent times.
As it is said, good things come when you are least expecting them and they come on a path you never intended to travel.
Post such a miraculous drink, the performance of Sharib Hashmi blew the mind beyond milky way. Such ignitefully happy nights are hard to come by, but it was one of those nights.
After a month , again decided to visit this place around midnight, and shockingly it was open around that time. It shuts at 1:30 am for all those who wish to have a late night sneak at this joint. This time as well it tasted equally heroic. Next time you are strolling around colaba, do have this drink of joy and thank me too :-) !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gleeful Goshaini !

The Punk in the Paneeeer

Battle with the Pathogen